Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match then Vlookup

I need help with a formula please thought I would post and hope one of
you guru’s can help. In my excel worksheet I have a list of 10,000
numbers going down a column and am trying to come up with a sum
product match formula

Example
A B C D E F G
1 0001 00 0 00 42
2 0002 00 1 11 39
3 6782 0 22 26
4 9400 00 1 33 42
5 5105 55 2 44 91
6 5551 55 1 55 01
7 2323 33 2
8 9999 99 0

Column A are the Numbers
Column B are the numbers I wish to Match
Column C Result of the formula if it is a Match
Column F and G are the VLOOKUP

I do understand the VLOOKUP will not work as I still need to count one
or two numbers which ever way thy appear (0042 or 24 result =2, 0048
or 84 result=1..Etc) this is way I had been working on the Sum Product
formula but cannot get it working

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
"Column B are the numbers I wish to Match"
What do you want to match the numbers in Column B to?
What is column C telling us?
Regards - Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 18, 3:54 pm, Dave wrote:
Hi,
"Column B are the numbers I wish to Match"
What do you want to match the numbers in Column B to?
What is column C telling us?
Regards - Dave.

Sorry about that I should have explained a little further

Column B represents two like numbers in column A if column B shows a
pair then I hope to get a sum product of the remaining 2 digits in
column A if it does not then I hope to get “0”
Column C would be the formula result
I have also tried to break my 4 digit numbers in column A into 4
columns and also columns F and G into 4 Columns and enter a sum
product formula without success
Column F are the pairs 00 to 99 and will always remain the same Column
G will change daily or weekly with other 2 digit numbers

I might be digging myself into a hole here basically what I am trying
to do is return a value in a cell that would match the numbers in my
group in columns F and G
Example 0042 or 2004 would = 4 if using 4 columns or 2 if there is a
way to count just the numbers next to column F in column G even if I
split column G into two Columns