Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Comments question

I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. Can this be done? I
have excel 2007

TIA
Esra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 17, 1:00*pm, Esradekan wrote:
I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. *Can this be done? *I
have excel 2007

TIA
Esra

U can use the following:
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 17, 8:13*pm, Nayab wrote:
On Jun 17, 1:00*pm, Esradekan wrote:

I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. *Can this be done? *I
have excel 2007

TIA
Esra

U can use the following:
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator

Where do I put that?

Esra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 17, 5:12*pm, Esradekan wrote:
On Jun 17, 8:13*pm, Nayab wrote:

On Jun 17, 1:00*pm, Esradekan wrote:

I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. *Can this be done? *I
have excel 2007

TIA
Esra

U can use the following:
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator

Where do I put that?

Esra

just run the following macro and then u can place the comments in any
of the cell without the comment tip:

sub hide_comment_tip()
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator
end sub
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 17, 8:13*pm, Nayab wrote:

On Jun 17, 1:00*pm, Esradekan wrote:

I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. *Can this be done? *I
have excel 2007

TIA
Esra

U can use the following:
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator

Where do I put that?

Esra

just run the following macro and then u can place the comments in any
of the cell without the comment tip:

sub hide_comment_tip()
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator
end sub- Hide quoted text -

That doesnt seem to work, it takes away the 'comments' as well. All I
want to lose is the comments marker.

Any other suggestions?

All greatfully received.

TIA
Esra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 17, 8:13*pm, Nayab wrote:

[...]

Esra- Hide quoted text -

Hi Esra,

I hope the following helps:

Sub hide_comment_tip_display_comment()
Dim r As Range
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator
Range("A1:A10").Select
For Each r In Selection
r.Select
With ActiveCell
If (.Comment Is Nothing) Then

Else
r.Comment.Visible = True
End If
End With
Next r
End Sub

You can change the range to suit your needs.

Rgds,
Nayab
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 17, 8:13*pm, Nayab wrote:

[...]

Nayab- Hide quoted text -

That still takes away the comments

:((

Esra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 17, 8:13 pm, Nayab wrote:

[...]

I thought I had replied to this. Maybe it's a different thread. Maybe
I am crazy.

I think the comments are still there, but the only way to access them
is to use Edit Comment. You can't take away the corner marker and
still have the hover-pop-up function work. So you would have to know
which cells have comments.

And, at least in Excel 2003, you can turn this on and off in Options.
Doesn't require VBA.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 17, 8:13 pm, Nayab wrote:

[...]

Doesn't require VBA.- Hide quoted text -

My original question was

"I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. Can this be done"

So the answer then would be - "no"

Thank You

Esra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The answer would be "yes"

They just won't pop-up when you hover.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Esradekan wrote:

My original question was

"I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. Can this be done"

So the answer then would be - "no"

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 24, 5:34*am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
The answer would be "yes"

They just won't pop-up when you hover.

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:00:45 -0700 (PDT), Esradekan wrote:
My original question was

"I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. *Can this be done"

So the answer then would be - "no"

Thank You- Hide quoted text -

Esra,
I am not sure how it is not working. I have tested the code I had
posted and it gives me comments without the comment tip.

If you still have issues, send me the sample excel file and I will
test it at my end.

Rgds

in excel useing comments how do you add clip art to comments? dhouse New Users to Excel 2 July 18th 07 08:14 AM
Comments Felipe Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 19th 07 03:46 PM
Comments. DB. New Users to Excel 6 July 18th 06 11:17 PM
Question - Excel Comments to Word Footnotes Ngentot Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 18th 06 02:15 AM
A Question Regarding Comments AccessHelp Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 14 January 10th 06 03:27 PM