Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting data in multiple columns

I have a database of applicants that have multiple degree's. Degree 1,
Degree2, and Degree3 are all in there own columns respectively. Most
Applicants only have one degree, but I would like to view those that have two
or more.

Thanks in advance for your responces.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, you have a couple options. You can do a Sort - Data - Sort. Then, you'd
sort by Degree 1, then degree 2. Blanks will go to the bottom. Howeveer, if
for some reason Degree 1 can be blank while 2 and 3 are not, you can do a
countif on the right: =countif(degree1:degree3,"") (replace degree 1 through
degree 3 with column and row references)

"Sadie5757" wrote:

I have a database of applicants that have multiple degree's. Degree 1,
Degree2, and Degree3 are all in there own columns respectively. Most
Applicants only have one degree, but I would like to view those that have two
or more.

Thanks in advance for your responces.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Sadie5757" wrote:
I have a database of applicants that have multiple degree's. Degree 1,
Degree2, and Degree3 are all in there own columns respectively. Most
Applicants only have one degree, but I would like to view those that have two
or more.

Thanks in advance for your responces.

Another option is to use Autofilter. Just choose whatever set you want
to see. So Nonblanks in the Degree2 column and Blanks in the Degree3
column would give you all those with only 2 degrees. And so forth.