Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default merge excel into word and email

ni have a spreadsheet with colums of info.The firstcolumn has always someones
name and a row may repeat someones name.What i want to do is send by email
this information to the correct person.I was hoping to do a merge in word and
then send the document.However, it is proving impossible to use merge and get
the info for each person on one page.
Example

Excel sheet
Joe bloggs, column 2, column 3 ,column4
Sarah Green,colum 2,colum 3,colum,4
Joe Bloggs, colum2 ,column 3 ,column 4

i want to be able to email to each person

Word document 1 sent to joe bloggs

Joe Bloggs,column,2,column3,column4
Joe Bloggs,colum2, column3,column4

total column2,total column3,total column 4

second document

Sarah Green,column2,column3,colum4
total column2,total colum3,total colum3
--
nick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mail Merge. See these sites fro info:

Also, check this out:
See these links for a wealth of information:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/XLToWordWithDAO.htm

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/interdev/c...wordfromxl.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/C...XLFromWord.htm

Finally, and this is my personal favorite:

Add DocVariables to your Word document, wherever you want the Excel data to
go. For instance in Word click Insert Field DocVariable New Name (I
used First_Name in my example) OK. You will see a space reserved for the
variable. Tap Alt+F9 to display or hide the DocVariable. There are many,
many other methods, using bookmarks, etc. I think the DocVariable method is
the best for countless reasons (too many to go into here; try it you will see
the benefits of using this method).

Sub ControlWordFromXL()

Dim objWord As New Word.Application
Dim doc As Word.Document
Dim bkmk As Word.Bookmark
sWdFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , , , False)
Set doc = objWord.Documents.Open(sWdFileName)
On Error Resume Next

Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
objWord.ActiveDocument.Variables("First_Name").Val ue =
Range("First_Name").Value
objWord.ActiveDocument.Variables("Last_Name").Valu e =
Range("Last_Name").Value
objWord.ActiveDocument.Fields.Update

On Error Resume Next
objWord.Visible = True