Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drop down menu problem

When in Excel, I start to type the formula that I want. The drop down menu
shows for a few seconds and then disappears. I have tried right clicking and
asking it to let me choose from a drop down list but it does the samething,
shows up for a few seconds and then disappears. Why is it doing that and what
do I need to do? Help!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am using 2003. I dont know what you have but one way around this is
to use the "Insert Function" button. This is located immediately to
the left of the Formula Bar. If you cant see the Formula Bar then do
the following:

Select: Tools...Options...View(tab) and select the checkbox next to
Formula Bar.

This will give you full access to all the functions and a nice help
menu as well.