Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default concatenate

I want to conatenate 2 cells. In cell A1 I have a Vlookup and cell A2 I have
a number.

In cell a3 when I put =concatenate(a1,a2) I'm getting a #ref!. I'm sure
it's because of the lookup, but I really don't want to change my lookup to a
value.

Is there anyway to get around it?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's not simply because of the =vlookup() in A1. If that formula returns an
error (or A2 contains an error), then you'll see an error.

But if A1 evaluates nicely (no error), it should work ok.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is (almost?) impossible to make CONCATENATE() to return #VALUE, unless one of the input cells is #VALUE.
What are your input values or formulas?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"terri" wrote in message ...
|I want to conatenate 2 cells. In cell A1 I have a Vlookup and cell A2 I have
| a number.
|
| In cell a3 when I put =concatenate(a1,a2) I'm getting a #ref!. I'm sure
| it's because of the lookup, but I really don't want to change my lookup to a
| value.
|
| Is there anyway to get around it?
|
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, you stated #REF, not #VALUE.

Please give your exact formula, where it is and the formulas and values of the input cells.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel