Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Remembering lookups

I know I should remember how to do this but I don't :-)

Given a table of data I want a formula to look for a value within the table
and return a second value from a prescribed column on the same row.

As a Second formula to also return a value from a prescribed row in the same
column as the search value.

Thanks Aitchy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Probably u need to use the vlookup/hlookup/lookup function and then
find the index and then do an indirect on it. It will b better if u
can give a more detailed explanation of ur requirement