Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I conditionally hide or display data in a cell?

I would like to display a cell dependent on the value of another cell.

If the value in a cell exceeds 10% of the value in another cell, I would
like to display a warning message in red. I don't want to see the message at
all if the value in the original cell does not exceed 10%.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You would need a third cell for a message
You could colour the target cell using Format | Conditional Formatting
Something like--- Formula Is A10.1*B1
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"mrsphyl" wrote in message
I would like to display a cell dependent on the value of another cell.

If the value in a cell exceeds 10% of the value in another cell, I would
like to display a warning message in red. I don't want to see the message
at
all if the value in the original cell does not exceed 10%.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"mrsphyl" wrote in message

I would like to display a cell dependent on the value of another cell.

If the value in a cell exceeds 10% of the value in another cell, I would
like to display a warning message in red. I don't want to see the message
at
all if the value in the original cell does not exceed 10%.

Just to add:
Type your warning message in the 3rd cell. Color the font white to
hide it normally. Then do a conditional format of red font with the
formula Bernard gave you.