Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Validation, Custom

I have a spreadsheet that I have been working on where I am trying to limit
a user's input in a particular cell to one of 3 options, "No", "Yes", or a
date in a "MM/DD/YY" format. Is this possilbe using the Data Validation
function, choosing Allow: Custom, and inputing a formula?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Posted this response a couple of days ago
Give this expression a try:
=OR(AND(ISTEXT(A1),OR(A1="No",A1="Yes")),AND(ISNUM BER(A1),CELL("format",A1)="d4"))
--
Max
Singapore