SP

Default Concatenate and then limit # of characters

I have a list of concatenated arguments that are two characters in length for
each argument. How can I display only 26 characters of that output into
another cell (or limit to 26 within that cell)? Thanks, Steve
JulieD

Hi Steve

=LEFT(CONCATENATE(A1," ", B1, " ", C1, " ", D1),26)
or
=RIGHT(CONCATENATE(A1," ", B1, " ", C1, " ", D1),26)
or
=LEFT(A1& " " & B1 & " " & C1 & " " & D1,26)
etc

Cheers
JulieD

"SP" wrote in message
I have a list of concatenated arguments that are two characters in length
for
each argument. How can I display only 26 characters of that output into
another cell (or limit to 26 within that cell)? Thanks, Steve

SP

Thanks JulieD...I'm now trying a few other things based off of your feedback.
Curious though, what is the significance of the (Right/Left) is that
justification or from which end of the string it should count? Also, can I
make it count from the left but not start until after the second dash "-" or
some other character?

"SP" wrote in message
I have a list of concatenated arguments that are two characters in length
for
each argument. How can I display only 26 characters of that output into
another cell (or limit to 26 within that cell)? Thanks, Steve

JulieD

Hi SP

LEFT / RIGHT is the side to start from
so the formulas i gave you join the cells together and then truncate the
answer at 26 characters.

if you want to start other than at the ends check out the MID function in
HELP (you might also need to incorporate the SEARCH or FIND functions in
there to locate the "-")

see how you go and if you need more assistance, please post back with
specific examples of what you have and what you want.

Cheers
JulieD