jimmy27298

Default Excel should remember sort criteria

Each time I sort a specific spreadsheet I have to select Data, Sort, No
header rows, column A, and Column B, then Sort. It would be great to define
a default sort for each spread sheet and then have that sort on the toolbar.
Whaddya think?
Fredrik Wahlgren

"jimmy27298" wrote in message
Each time I sort a specific spreadsheet I have to select Data, Sort, No
header rows, column A, and Column B, then Sort. It would be great to

define
a default sort for each spread sheet and then have that sort on the

toolbar.
Whaddya think?

If you often need to sort, you're better of by recording what you do. Next
time, you simply run the generated macro.
Of course, you need to put the code in an add-in or personal.xls if you use
different workbooks.

/Fredrik

Michael Miller

I have a directly related question:
Excel XP, 2002, SP-2

We have multiple tabs and we sort them all the same way.
Normally, Excel remembers the sort and we don't have to do anything.
But, some tabs are not remembering their sort, where the Asc or Desc or
whether it remembers that there is a header row.

Why does Excel not remember the last sort used on a tab?

The file -is- shared, but the particular user had put in the sort parms,
live on screen, and when he returned to a particular tab, the parms were gone.

Thanks.

--
MichaelM