Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DoctorG

Default How can I look up data in a different workbook in an excel spread.

My spreadsheet has three worksheets - Sheet1, Sheet2, and Data.
The Data worksheet has several columns of different lengths that contain
data to be used in several dropdown lookup lists on both Sheet1 and Sheet2.
Both Sheet1 and Sheet2 use the same columns of data.

I can not use Data Validation lists to look these up because this function
requires that the lookup lists be in the same worksheet. I can use a ComboBox
to lookup the data, but I am unable to format the cells containing the combo
boxes, which appear with small fonts, no matter how the original cell or the
cells in Data are formatted, and there is no formatting option on the
ComboBox properties tab.

How can I look up and properly format cells containing lookup lists without
having to repeat the data on the two worksheets?