Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I NEED HELP PLEASE

Hi,

Im trying to construct a smart worksheet so when I enter a number or any
value it will automatically give me a specific result if it meets the
requirements from a first worksheet.
Basically I want to use a formula that when the last two digits of a number
is equal to any of the numbers in sheet 1 (Range A1L:B3) the result will be
any of the descriptions that meet that criteria. For example:

Sheet 2 has a random number but Im only concern with the last two digits
which is 00 so I need a formula to recognizes those numbers and will give me
a result like the one in sheet 2 column B.

Sheet 1 Sheet 2
A (Codes) B (Description) A B (Results)

1) 20 1) R 1) 704080000100 1)NHT
2) 30 2) CL 2) 2)
3) 00 3) NHT 3) 3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your data in column A are text values, not numeric values

In Sheet 2
B2: =VLOOKUP(RIGHT(A2,2),Sheet1!A:B,2,0)