Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula for Excel Worksheet

How do I figure the percentage between two columns and then sort the columns
by the highest percentage first?
--
Lynda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

With values in columns A and B, and calculating the percentage
difference between the two columns (with column A as the base):

C1: =B1/A1 - 1

Format C1 as a percentage.

Copy down as far as required.

With a cell in column C selected, choose Data/Sort..., sorting on Column
C while selecting the "Descending" radio button.

In article ,
Lynda wrote:

How do I figure the percentage between two columns and then sort the columns
by the highest percentage first?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume the two columns of numbers are A and B

In C1 enter =A1/B1 and double-click to fill down.

Select all three columns and DataSort on Column C ascending.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP