Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Rows?

I have fred on row 1 and Tim on row 2, the rows contain scores of each
person at golf but they may score on different holes. Their combined
score is the final result as they are partners. What I need is to lock
their Rows together so when I do the countback over the entire field
playing, both these rows are locked together and therefore move
together when I sort the scores from first to last over the
competition, I hope you can all understand what I am asking, and if it
is possible
Thanks EPJ
PS George Watson if you read this I will be contacting You about this
spreadsheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Jambun:

One method is to number the rows as pairs for example
T1 Fred 10 10 2 3
T1 Tom 5 2 3 1
T2 Sally
T2 June....

or use

1.1 Fred 10 10 2 3
1.2 Tom 5 2 3 1
2.1 Sally
2.2 June....

May work and is the easiest method. That is unless any one else knows
otherwise.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Bangkok, Thailand

" wrote:

I have fred on row 1 and Tim on row 2, the rows contain scores of each
person at golf but they may score on different holes. Their combined
score is the final result as they are partners. What I need is to lock
their Rows together so when I do the countback over the entire field
playing, both these rows are locked together and therefore move
together when I sort the scores from first to last over the
competition, I hope you can all understand what I am asking, and if it
is possible
Thanks EPJ
PS George Watson if you read this I will be contacting You about this
spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Martin. Not sure what you mean, how or where do I number the rows or
change the numbers that are already there
ps I can overcome my problem by transposing the information from each
row to another sheet by using the formular =IF(A1=0,A2,A1) and then
doing the countback sequence in this new sheet,and will do this if
necessary
Thanks EPJ

On Tue, 13 May 2008 03:38:09 -0700, Martin Fishlock
wrote:

Hello Jambun:

One method is to number the rows as pairs for example
T1 Fred 10 10 2 3
T1 Tom 5 2 3 1
T2 Sally
T2 June....

or use

1.1 Fred 10 10 2 3
1.2 Tom 5 2 3 1
2.1 Sally
2.2 June....

May work and is the easiest method. That is unless any one else knows
otherwise.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You add an extra column and use the group T1 , T2 etc. then when you sort you
use the grouping.

You probably need an extra column to give each row the sum of the scores

so if the sum of T1 is 20 T1 fred = 20 and T1 tom = 20 then when you sort
you can sort on the score and then the group.