Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pai pai is offline

Default Just type the word

Hi!

Is it possible?

For example, lets say in A2 of sheet #1 the data entered in
the cell is "ABC Computer Supplies, 123 Main Street, Akron
Ohio 21657." Now if I begin typing "ABC" in Sheet 2
that data will automaticly appear and I simply
have to hit enter and the data is there

Because one of my friend told me that it is possible But unfortunately
he also dont know how.

Thanks In Advance

Hardeep Kanwar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Possible......yes.

Easy..........not without some help from a combobox.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

You can ignore the DV part if you wish and just create a combobox.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:22:42 -0700 (PDT), pai wrote:

Hi!

Is it possible?

For example, lets say in A2 of sheet #1 the data entered in
the cell is "ABC Computer Supplies, 123 Main Street, Akron
Ohio 21657." Now if I begin typing "ABC" in Sheet 2
that data will automaticly appear and I simply
have to hit enter and the data is there

Because one of my friend told me that it is possible But unfortunately
he also dont know how.

Thanks In Advance

Hardeep Kanwar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear sir

I cannot understand. I mean to say just type the word in another sheet and
the whole information display automatically. But i cannot see the result that
i want

Thanks

Hardeep kanwar

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Possible......yes.

Easy..........not without some help from a combobox.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

You can ignore the DV part if you wish and just create a combobox.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:22:42 -0700 (PDT), pai wrote:

Hi!

Is it possible?

For example, lets say in A2 of sheet #1 the data entered in
the cell is "ABC Computer Supplies, 123 Main Street, Akron
Ohio 21657." Now if I begin typing "ABC" in Sheet 2
that data will automaticly appear and I simply
have to hit enter and the data is there

Because one of my friend told me that it is possible But unfortunately
he also dont know how.

Thanks In Advance

Hardeep Kanwar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Autocomplete for cells works only within one sheet and only when data is
contiguous in a column.

To do what you want requires the ComboBox method.

Follow Debra's instructions for creating a combobox with a list of words.

Autocomplete will work in that combobox.

Gord