Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel - Formulae across several sheets

I have a period (4 week) sales goal. As I complete week 1, I need to know
how much remains of my sales goal. I created a spreadsheet which tracks
sales for many accounts for one week (or sheet) at a time. On sheet 2 I need
to subtract the total sales from sheet 1 and show remaining sales goal as of
week (sheet) 2. Basically, on week (sheet) 4 I need to know what remains for
that week. How do I transfer data from sheet 1 to sheet 2; then cumulatively
to sheet 3, and finally, cumulatively to sheet 4. Any help will be
sincerely appreciated! HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Say on sheet1 you start with this layout. Column A & Column B

Month Sales Target 5000
Cumulative Sales 1892
Remaining Target 3108
Date Amount
01/02/2008 456
02/02/2008 200

Formula in B2 is =SUM(B5:B200) alter range to suit.
Formulas in B3 is =B1-b2

Copy the top fours rows to sheets 2,3 and 4. Select the the rows to copy,
then Click sheet2 tab press Ctrl then click the sheet4 tab and press enter
and the it will be copied to each sheet.

the formulas in sheets2 to sheet4 in B2 need to be altered to

Sheet2B2:
=Sheet1!B2+SUM(Sheet2!B5:B200)
sheet3 B2:
=Sheet2!$B$2+SUM(Sheet3!$B$5:$B$200)