Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default date ranges

This is probable very simple and I am just overlooking it. But can some tell
me how to find out if a date range falls between or overlaps another date
range?? Tab 1 contains start and stop vacation dates, tab 2 contains start
and stop blackout dates. I need to list on Tab C2 if the persons vacation is
in a blackout date or not.

Tab1
A B
1 Start End
2 1/1/08 5/1/08
3 2/1/08 2/30/08

Tab2
A B
1 Start End
2 2/1/08 6/1/08
3 2/1/08 2/30/08

Thanks in advance€¦.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm assming you want to compa

1/1/08 - 5/1/08 to 2/1/08 - 6/1/08
2/1/08 - 2/30/08 to 2/1/08 - 2/30/08

On Sheet2:

=MAX(0,MIN(B1,Sheet1!B1)-MAX(A1,Sheet1!A1)+1)0

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Carolina Girl" wrote in message
This is probable very simple and I am just overlooking it. But can some
tell
me how to find out if a date range falls between or overlaps another date
range?? Tab 1 contains start and stop vacation dates, tab 2 contains start
and stop blackout dates. I need to list on Tab C2 if the persons vacation
is
in a blackout date or not.

Tab1
A B
1 Start End
2 1/1/08 5/1/08
3 2/1/08 2/30/08

Tab2
A B
1 Start End
2 2/1/08 6/1/08
3 2/1/08 2/30/08

Thanks in advance..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sorry this was unclear I was unsure of how to explain what I need to find
out is if 1/1/08 €“ 5/1/08 (my vacation) falls anywhere within the dates of
2/1/08 - 6/1/08 (Blackout date 1) it would, so this would be a yes and
2/1/08-2/30/08 (another vacation) also falls within the 1/1/08-5/1/08
(Blackout date 1) dates so it would also be a yes on the other hand
5/2/08-6/2/08 (another vacation) would not so it would be a no.

Thanks for the Help

"T. Valko" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Aside from the typo in the date (2/30/08) I think what I suggested does what
you asked for (although the formula returns TRUE or FALSE rather than yes or
no) but I'm confused.

From this most recent reply you want to compa

1/1/08 - 5/1/08........2/1/08 - 6/1/08
2/1/08 - 2/30/08......2/1/08 - 6/1/08

Why are there 2 sets of dates on sheet2?

I'm *really* confused!