Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I pull in the filename used in Vlookup from another cell?

I'm trying to link from 26 separate but identically formatted files to pull
in similar data. I want to use a single formula, but swap out the filename
based on the value I put into another cell. Anyone ever done that? I keep
trying but can't get past the formula error checker... I was working with 26
different formulas but need this flexibility to adjust to the amount of data
I need to collect from each file.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use INDIRECT but it only works if the other file is open.
Otherwise you would need to download and install an add-in like Morefunc

http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/#Download