Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default pivot table filtering not working

I have a cube that I am accessign from Excel 2007 pivot table. I have a date
dimension that I need to filter on in my reports, but excel is not completely
seeing this column as date values. It will tell me to apply a date filter,
but any filter and combo of values I use blanks out my entire result set.
When I use the revers boolean logic, I get the entire result set back,
nothing filtered out. When I select indvidual values from the multi select
box, that filters everything ok, and when I use the canned "All dates in the
period" section, that filters the data as expected as well. But of course I
need to be able to filter starting in the middle of a month and end in
another month.

Any ideas on how to either get Excel to treat the data as a Date value so it
will filter correctly, or force a lable filter up so I can use that?
thanks in advance!!