Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum If Help

I need to have a total cell for a large spreadsheet I'm working on (150+lines
of data). I need to put in a formula that will add the amount in Column B if
the word in the Column A says "Retail".

Example:
A B
Retail 10,950
Storage 6,500
Retail 5,000
Retail 4,000
Storage 3,500

Total Retail Amount
Total Storage Amount

Relatively new to Excel, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=SUMIF(A2:B1000,"Retail",B2:B1000)

The first argument is the range of data
The second is the the text to target
The third is the part of the data to be used in the sum