Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need formula like ISBLANK that returns "no value" even if there is aformula in referenced cell

In a cell, I often want to reference another cell and want to return
"No value" or have it remain Blank, but the cell that I am referencing
has a formula, so ISBLANK does not interpret that the referenced Cell
is Blank. What formula can I use to return no value or leave the cell
blank even though the referenced cell has a formula?

Jim,
Denver
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You won't be able to get a true blank, as the cell contains a formula.
If that formula returns a blank ("") however, you can use something
like this:

=IF(A1="","",something_else)

Hope this helps.

Pete