Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cant insert column get error message

I am using excel 07 I am trying to insert a column and have read all help
menus and can normally do this however on this sheet I keep getting an error
message that says
Excel cannot shift non blank cells select another location oe delete data
from end" If you do not have data in cells that can be shifted off the
worksheet you cn reset cells which excel considers non blank to do this go to
end of worksheet and delete lst cell and all blank cells then save. I have
no blank cells from the end of the sheet. does anyone have any ideas.
cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think it is probably because you have data at the right-most location of
the sheet. (I can't remember what column number it is, it was column IV in
2003, forgot what it is in 2007)

If there is data in the extreme right-most column of a sheet, no new columns
can be inserted.

Make sure that there is nothing in the most right column of the sheet before
inserting.

--
Location: Sydney
Occupation: Actuarial Consultant (Project Finance/Financial Modeling)

"sheppey" wrote:

I am using excel 07 I am trying to insert a column and have read all help
menus and can normally do this however on this sheet I keep getting an error
message that says
Excel cannot shift non blank cells select another location oe delete data
from end" If you do not have data in cells that can be shifted off the
worksheet you cn reset cells which excel considers non blank to do this go to
end of worksheet and delete lst cell and all blank cells then save. I have
no blank cells from the end of the sheet. does anyone have any ideas.
cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"sheppey" wrote:
I am using excel 07 I am trying to insert a column and have read all help
menus and can normally do this however on this sheet I keep getting an error
message that says
Excel cannot shift non blank cells select another location oe delete data
from end" If you do not have data in cells that can be shifted off the
worksheet you cn reset cells which excel considers non blank to do this go to
end of worksheet and delete lst cell and all blank cells then save. I have
no blank cells from the end of the sheet. does anyone have any ideas.
cheers

Also, it doesn't have to be data in the rightmost column, even
formatting such as borders and fills will result in the warning.

Ken Johnson