Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Name Box

In the upper left corner of the spreadsheet is a name box which shows the
cell address where the cursor is currently located. Is there any way to
access that information and use it as an input for a formula?
--
MikeL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi there,

Via worksheet formula...

=ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(),4)

HTH

--
Zack Barresse

"MikeL" wrote in message
In the upper left corner of the spreadsheet is a name box which shows the
cell address where the cursor is currently located. Is there any way to
access that information and use it as an input for a formula?
--
MikeL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I should have been more specific...the formula you gave lists the
address of the cursor in the box where the cursor is located....is there a
formula that I could enter, say, in A1 that would show the address of the
cursor regardless of where the cursor is located? Thanks for your help.
--
MikeL

"Zack Barresse" wrote:

Hi there,

Via worksheet formula...

=ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(),4)

HTH

--
Zack Barresse

"MikeL" wrote in message
In the upper left corner of the spreadsheet is a name box which shows the
cell address where the cursor is currently located. Is there any way to
access that information and use it as an input for a formula?
--
MikeL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You would need VBA for that. The problem with this is you would need a
calculation to perform prior to the formula being updated. You could use a
UDF like this ...

Public Function ACTIVECELLADDRESS() As String
Application.Volatile True
ACTIVECELLADDRESS = ActiveCell.Address(False, False)
End Function

Then call from a cell lik this ...

=ACTIVECELLADDRESS()

The code would need to go in a standard module (Alt + F11, select your
project | Insert | Module).

HTH

--
Zack Barresse

"MikeL" wrote in message
Sorry, I should have been more specific...the formula you gave lists the
address of the cursor in the box where the cursor is located....is there a
formula that I could enter, say, in A1 that would show the address of the
cursor regardless of where the cursor is located? Thanks for your help.
--
MikeL

"Zack Barresse" wrote:

Hi there,

Via worksheet formula...

=ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(),4)

HTH

--
Zack Barresse

"MikeL" wrote in message
In the upper left corner of the spreadsheet is a name box which shows
the
cell address where the cursor is currently located. Is there any way to
access that information and use it as an input for a formula?
--
MikeL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This will probably not be very useful to you, but if you put this formula in
your cell...

=CELL("address")

you can hit F9 at any time and, after doing that, the currently selected
cell's absolute address will be displayed. Note that the displayed address
is text, so you will need to use the INDIRECT function to get at the
contents of the active cell.

Rick

"MikeL" wrote in message
Sorry, I should have been more specific...the formula you gave lists the
address of the cursor in the box where the cursor is located....is there a
formula that I could enter, say, in A1 that would show the address of the
cursor regardless of where the cursor is located? Thanks for your help.
--
MikeL

"Zack Barresse" wrote:

Hi there,