Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
h. h. is offline

Default add a cell reference to the start of a formula

my cell is custom formatted to read, "## "min. =" $##.##"
my formula is =FIXED(D30/60,3)*F28
the cell reads min. = $19.49

what i'm missing is the number of minutes, which is displayed in cell F28.
so i just need to reference that cell at the start of my formula. the
question is how?!

thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel won't split up a value into the formatting "parts" ## and $##.## - you
need to do the whole thing in the formula:
=F28&" min. = "&TEXT(FIXED(D30/60,3)*F28,"$##.##")
HTH

"h." wrote:

my cell is custom formatted to read, "## "min. =" $##.##"
my formula is =FIXED(D30/60,3)*F28
the cell reads min. = $19.49

what i'm missing is the number of minutes, which is displayed in cell F28.
so i just need to reference that cell at the start of my formula. the
question is how?!

thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
h. h. is offline

perfect! thanks that worked, except now any cells referencing this cell read
"value" because there are two values. how can i tell it to choose just one?

eg: 18 min. = $19.49
i want a cell to read $19.49 only.

"h." wrote:

my cell is custom formatted to read, "## "min. =" $##.##"
my formula is =FIXED(D30/60,3)*F28
the cell reads min. = $19.49

what i'm missing is the number of minutes, which is displayed in cell F28.
so i just need to reference that cell at the start of my formula. the
question is how?!

thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this: