Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to set macro to Paste Special Value to next empty column

Range("P32,Q7:Q32").Select
Range("Q7").Activate
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-12
Range("Q7:Q32").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.End(xlToLeft).Select
Selection.End(xlToRight).Select
Selection.End(xlToLeft).Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

I try to use the control left then click the right button to go to the
next empty column. However, the macro fail to copy to the next
available column.

Please help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try

Sub makevalues()
mc = "q"
sr=7
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row
nc = Cells(sr, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1
Range(Cells(sr, mc), Cells(lr, mc)).Copy
Cells(sr, nc).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
Range("P32,Q7:Q32").Select
Range("Q7").Activate
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-12
Range("Q7:Q32").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.End(xlToLeft).Select
Selection.End(xlToRight).Select
Selection.End(xlToLeft).Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

I try to use the control left then click the right button to go to the
next empty column. However, the macro fail to copy to the next
available column.

Please help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

Range("P32,Q7:Q32").Select
Range("Q7").Activate
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-12
Range("Q7:Q32").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.End(xlToLeft).Select
Selection.End(xlToRight).Select
Selection.End(xlToLeft).Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

I try to use the control left then click the right button to go to the
next empty column. However, the macro fail to copy to the next
available column.

Please help. Thanks

Thanks for the response. However, the value get pasted to the column
R. What happen is that my values in column Q is updated monthly. After
each update i need to paste special value to column C then column D in
the next month and so on. So i need the macro to recognise the next
empty column to the left of column Q. Please help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

nc = Cells(sr, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1
nc = Cells(sr, mc).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

[...]

Where do i put this 2 lines?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First. Many of us prefer TOP posting here.
Second. Put on your thinking cap and look at the macro againand again.
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

[...]

I dont know a single bit of programming that is why i am asking the qn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try Don's revised sub like this:

Sub makevalues()
mc = "q"
sr = 7

lr = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row
nc = Cells(sr, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1
nc = Cells(sr, mc).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1

Range(Cells(sr, mc), Cells(lr, mc)).Copy
Cells(sr, nc).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Max,
The point was to replace the old nc= with the new, not to have both.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel