Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cts cts is offline

Default Certain Cells Appearing

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that would only display certain
information. For example student name, id, grade level? Since I have multiple
students, grade levels, etc. How can I make it where if I only want seventh
grade to appear with all the students in seventh grade, etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cts" wrote in message
I am trying to create a spreadsheet that would only display certain
information. For example student name, id, grade level? Since I have
multiple
students, grade levels, etc. How can I make it where if I only want
seventh
grade to appear with all the students in seventh grade, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Auto Filter will do exactly that. Find it on Data (menu) | Filter
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA