Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Search Formula to collate BOM Data

I know this is not the best way to go about this but..... I have a matrix
where Row 'A' is a list of products and Column 'A' is a list of parts and
where parts are used in particular products, the quantity is identified in
the cell that intersects the product and part. I want to be able to list all
the parts and their quantities that are used in a selected product. Is there
a formula or string that will enable me to do this?

Thanks
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi, Peter !

I know this is not the best way to go about this but..
I have a matrix where Row 'A' is a list of products and Column 'A' is a list of parts
and where parts are used in particular products
the quantity is identified in the cell that intersects the product and part.
I want to be able to list all the parts and their quantities that are used in a selected product.
Is there a formula or string that will enable me to do this?

it might depends on how/where/who/when/... a "product selection" is made -???-

- format conditions ?
- autofilter / advanced filter ?
- pivot tables (page field) ?
- macros ?... formulae ?
(needed to know: how/where/who/when/... a "product selection" is made)

regards,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I basically want to have a separate sheet within the same workbook where I
can select a product from a dropdown list (related to the BOM) and be able to
list all the parts used in that product. I can then print out this page as
the new Bill for that product. I will use this where parts or costs change so
I can have up to date costing sheets. Obviously the BOM has all parts and all
products in a x-y matrix. I currently do not have any filters, macros, pivot
tables or anything at this point. I know that a database aould be better to
do this with but just thought there might be a way of doing it with excel.

Thanks Hector

Peter

"Héctor Miguel" wrote:

hi, Peter !

I know this is not the best way to go about this but..
I have a matrix where Row 'A' is a list of products and Column 'A' is a list of parts
and where parts are used in particular products
the quantity is identified in the cell that intersects the product and part.
I want to be able to list all the parts and their quantities that are used in a selected product.
Is there a formula or string that will enable me to do this?

it might depends on how/where/who/when/... a "product selection" is made -???-

- format conditions ?
- autofilter / advanced filter ?
- pivot tables (page field) ?
- macros ?... formulae ?
(needed to know: how/where/who/when/... a "product selection" is made)

regards,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Using Pivot Table, no formulas: