Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is It False ??

In A1 thru A4 I have:

1
=
2

In A5 I have:

=A1 & A2 & A3 & A4
which displays =1=2

Is there any way I can evaluate this (should be False) without using VBA ?

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007xx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So A1 is blank, A2 has 1, a3 has =, and a4 has 2, right? Don't you simply
want to compare a2 to a4? If so, in A5 use:

=a2=a4

Regards,
Fred.

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
In A1 thru A4 I have:

1
=
2

In A5 I have:

=A1 & A2 & A3 & A4
which displays =1=2

Is there any way I can evaluate this (should be False) without using VBA ?

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007xx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not really, since there is not EVALUATE worksheet function.

But, kinda, if you use the formula

="=" &A1 & A2 & A3 & A4

and then select the cell, press F2, Shift-Home, F9, F9 - it will then
evaluate to False.

;-)
Bernie

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
In A1 thru A4 I have:

1
=
2

In A5 I have:

=A1 & A2 & A3 & A4
which displays =1=2

Is there any way I can evaluate this (should be False) without using VBA ?

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007xx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200783

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Not really, since there is not EVALUATE worksheet function.

But, kinda, if you use the formula

="=" &A1 & A2 & A3 & A4

and then select the cell, press F2, Shift-Home, F9, F9 - it will then
evaluate to False.

;-)
Bernie

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
In A1 thru A4 I have:

1
=
2

In A5 I have:

=A1 & A2 & A3 & A4
which displays =1=2

Is there any way I can evaluate this (should be False) without using VBA ?

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007xx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Download and install the free add-in Morefunc.xll from:
http://xcell05.free.fr/english/

then use this formula
=EVAL(A1 & A2 & A3 & A4)

"Gary''s Student" wrote: