Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Unprotecting an Excel Spreadsheet

How do I unprotect an Excel sheet without knowing the password? Or, how do I
copy the information into another sheet and make it unprotected? My company
just updated to Office 2007; I'm still getting used to the change.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out this link...

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Annie" wrote:

How do I unprotect an Excel sheet without knowing the password? Or, how do I
copy the information into another sheet and make it unprotected? My company
just updated to Office 2007; I'm still getting used to the change.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That depends upon your interpretation of the words "spreadsheet" and "sheet".

Generally the word spreadsheet is used to indicate an Excel workbook with one or
more worksheets contained therein.

Do you have a workbook you can open but a worksheet you cannot unprotect?

That is much simpler......see John's other site for breaking internal passwords.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Annie" wrote:

How do I unprotect an Excel sheet without knowing the password? Or, how do I
copy the information into another sheet and make it unprotected? My company
just updated to Office 2007; I'm still getting used to the change.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Following on from Gord's post, be sure to read the Disclaimer, in
particular:

" ...
so, if in doubt, ask the original author, and if you can't ask - don't
use it!
..."

Would YOU like someone stealing from you?

Pete

On Apr 30, 5:14*pm, Annie wrote:
So, in other words, I can't do it myself?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The person who protected the SHEET was in the job position that I'm in now.
They didn't leave me the password. I'm not stealing anything. Anyway, my IT
guy unprotected it for me. I don't know how, but it only took about 2
minutes.

Thanks for the help everyone!