Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Do All Cells in a Row Match?

I'm a little stumped on this one...

I need to know if all the cells in a row match the value in the first cell.

I tried match, index and killed nested ifs as the cols are A:EB

For example, Cell A1 is XXY1 and A2 is also XXY1, but A3 is ZZZ3. I need to
know that there is a cell that doesn't match A1. A simple "TRUE / FALSE" is
fine.

These are alpha-numeric strings.

My guess is this is an array formula of sorts, but I had trouble figuring it
out!

Any help is appreciated!
--
"Trying to make reports so easy... even a monkey could run ''em!"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Something like this should work:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1)=10

Assuming that *every* cell in the range must contain an entry (even though
they may not all match).

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RayportingMonkey" wrote in
message ...
I'm a little stumped on this one...

I need to know if all the cells in a row match the value in the first
cell.

I tried match, index and killed nested ifs as the cols are A:EB

For example, Cell A1 is XXY1 and A2 is also XXY1, but A3 is ZZZ3. I need
know that there is a cell that doesn't match A1. A simple "TRUE / FALSE"
is
fine.

These are alpha-numeric strings.

My guess is this is an array formula of sorts, but I had trouble figuring
it
out!

Any help is appreciated!
--
"Trying to make reports so easy... even a monkey could run ''em!"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No array formula needed. Try

=(COUNTIF(A1:EB1,A1)=COLUMN(EB1))

Hope this helps,