Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I Need Help with COUNTA and/or SUMPRODUCT

Experts, I have this situation:

A B
ITEM DONE
1 ABC April
2 XYZ January
3 XYZ
4 ABC May
5 ABC

I want to know how many "ABC" have been completed; in other words, how many
"ABC" have non-blank cells in column B. The answer should be 2. Which formula
should I use. COUNTA, DCOUNTA or SUMPRODUCT?
I'm sorry for the silly question.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not a silly question. Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5="ABC")*(B1:B5<""))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 28, 10:37*am, Oskar wrote:
Experts, I have this situation:

* * * * * A * * * * *B
* * * ITEM * * DONE
1 * * *ABC * * April * * *
2 * * *XYZ * * January
3 * * *XYZ * *
4 * * *ABC * * May
5 * * *ABC

I want to know how many "ABC" have been completed; in other words, how many
"ABC" have non-blank cells in column B. The answer should be 2. Which formula
should I use. COUNTA, DCOUNTA or SUMPRODUCT?
I'm sorry for the silly question.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B5="ABC"),--(C1:C5<""))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200781

Counta [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 18th 08 04:15 PM
Counta martins New Users to Excel 2 April 4th 06 12:04 AM
COUNTA Karen Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 10th 06 09:48 PM
using COUNTA DougMc Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 May 30th 05 12:57 AM
COUNTA Function not working =COUNTA(C3:C69,"NH") MikeinNH Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 8th 04 01:19 AM