Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Unwanted Jump to Linked Workbook

I have a problem with a locked worksheet. If I doubleclick on a linked cell
it tells me Sorry, the sheet is protected yadda yadda... but then it opens
the linked workbook no matter whether the TOOLS... OPTIONS... EDIT DIRECTLY
IN CELL is checked or unchecked. But this only happens if the sheet is locked
- doesn't launch it if the sheet is unlocked. I don't want this linked file
to ever open like this, without calling it from the Links... menu. How do I
disable this doubleclick?

thanks
slr