Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Convert Text To Number

Hi, I am dumping data from an external system into Excel via a 3rd party
application. When a particular field comes into JDE, its come in as text.

i.e. 00350, 00390. I need these to show as numbers because they are needed
in a numerical formula. I can highlight the full range and click on the
little warning icon that pops up (when the top left of the cell is a tiny
green triangle) and use convert to number. However, I have four different
dumps all with the same issue. Its a pain in the butt to have to do this.
Is there a formula I can use?

Thanks
Rob
--
Rob Gaffney

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select all and Format to General.

Copy an empty cell and Copy.

Select the range to change and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Note: you will lose the leading zeros because the data is now numeric.

If you want them shown use a Custom Format of 00000

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP