Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help transferring information between work sheets!

I hope I can explain my question. Excel and I often don't see eye to
eye.
************************
I have designed a workbook that will keep score sheets for a
newsletter contest. I am trying to design a form that will be
automatic and is somewhat generic so that it can used year after year.

On the 1st sheet called awards, (which will be manually entered) I
have -

1.club name
2.newsletter name
3 frequency of publication
4 award received
5 average score

I have it set up so that as you type in 1-3, this information is
automatically transferred to a work sheet. One sheet for each club. I
want the sheet name to be the club name but because some of the club
names are lengthy, the sheet name does not always match the club name.
It is usually an abbreviation of some sort.

With the actual score sheet, it is set up to automatically total each
month's scoring. It also does an ongoing average, #5, and will
determine what award is achieved based on a scale, #4.

This information (#4 and #5) is transfered back to the awards sheet .
I can get this to work if I type the actual sheet names (='Antelope
Val'!$A$3). But I would to design a blank template that will make the
transfers automatically and since the sheet names will change each
year I need a more generic method.

I hope I have I have explained my questions clearly. Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Judy

Oh, I forgot to mention I am trying to do this without using macros or
VB.