Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combo Boxes Calculations

I have created several combo boxes on my spreadsheed and I would like a cell
at bottom to calculate the $ value when selecting one or more of the combo
boxes. How do I do that? I can't seem to make them add up!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What information do you have in the combo boxes? To reference a combo box
item you need to create a table with the information that is in the combobox
and then use the comboboxes cell link to determine what item is being
pressed. Using the cell link mixed with an Offset formula you can get the
name of the item in the combo box.

"Jupino58" wrote:

I have created several combo boxes on my spreadsheed and I would like a cell
at bottom to calculate the $ value when selecting one or more of the combo
boxes. How do I do that? I can't seem to make them add up!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Combo boxes work well with what I have in there to choose from. each line
choice has a mix of text with price of item in it and I can easily choose any
of them... I just can't make the $ value contained in a field be added with
another one in a different field/combo box.

"Jupino58" wrote:

I have created several combo boxes on my spreadsheed and I would like a cell
at bottom to calculate the $ value when selecting one or more of the combo
boxes. How do I do that? I can't seem to make them add up!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok so going along with my previous post. Excel does not read any values in a
combo box with the exception of VBA. But without it you have to create your
own reference to it. So what you should have is a table that lists the items
in one column, the values in another column. Make sure the items in the first
column are in the same order you have in the combobox.

Then create a cell link for that combobox to determine what row number was
chosen. If you get that far you should be able to work with it... if not
explain more of what you have going on.