Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have my IF formula, how can i change the text colour for eachif??!! help please!!

Hi All

I am slightly stuck...i have my IF formula below but i need each IF
outcome to be a different font colour i.e.Continue booking needs to
show up in red, Find Venue needs to show up in Blue etc.

=IF(AND(U13=6,D13<""),"Continue with
booking",IF(AND(U13=5,D13=""),"Find Venue",
IF(AND(U13<=5,D13<""),"More
delegates",IF(AND(U13<=5,D13=""),"Cancellation candidate"))))

Is there a simple formula i can add to my formula above??!! I have red
somewhere about using [Red] or [Blue] but i cannot seem to make this
work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You will need to use conditional formatting on that cell. If you have
Excel2003 or earlier then you can have up to 3 different formats per
cell, so you will need to keep one condition unchanged.

Click on the cell then Format | Conditional Formatting and in the pop-
up you could select Cell Value Is in the first box, then select
Equals, and then put in "Continue with booking" (without the quotes).
Click on the Format button then Colour and choose Red. Click OK and
then Add to set up a second condition. This time you want to enter
"Find Venue" and choose a format colour of Blue then OK. Finally,
click Add again, and put in "More delegates" and choose a colour for
this category. Then click OK twice to exit the dialogue box.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 24, 1:05*pm, wrote:
Hi All

I am slightly stuck...i have my IF formula below but i need each IF
outcome to be a different font colour i.e.Continue booking needs to
show up in red, Find Venue needs to show up in Blue etc.

=IF(AND(U13=6,D13<""),"Continue with
booking",IF(AND(U13=5,D13=""),"Find Venue",
IF(AND(U13<=5,D13<""),"More
delegates",IF(AND(U13<=5,D13=""),"Cancellation candidate"))))

Is there a simple formula i can add to my formula above??!! I have red
somewhere about using [Red] or [Blue] but i cannot seem to make this
work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have my IF formula, how can i change the text colour for each if

Hi,
You can use conditional formatting to do this.
For the first condition, set the cell equal to "Continue with booking" then
set the font colour you want.
Do this for the each of the other conditions.
If you have XL2007, you can do all four conditions in this way. If not, you
can only set 3 conditions, and you'll have to use the default font to colour
the 4th condition.

Regards - Dave.