Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help with function using INDEX and MATCH.

I have a formula that is using the INDEX and MATCH fuction. In that formula,
the cell in column D returns the Salesmens name that matches the Customer in
column B of that same row. There are about 300 rows of "rolling" entries as
they are deleted once they ship. The formula works unless I change the row
sort. Normaly it is sorted by start date, but if I change it to ship date, it
keeps the original cell address even thou Im not using an absolute referance.
Example: If row 1 reads-

43942 "customer name" 4/24/08 "Salesmen" 5/30/08

and the formula referances ($B2) and it works, but I change the sort and now
this row item is in row 10, it still references ($B2). WHY????? None of the
other formulas in the shreadsheet do this. They all update when I change the
sort.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

'Sean.rogers[_2_ Wrote:
;2738845']I have a formula that is using the INDEX and MATCH fuction. In
that formula, , but I change the sort and now
this row item is in row 10, it still references ($B2). WHY????? None of
the
other formulas in the shreadsheet do this. They all update when I
change the
sort.

The sort must include the formula column. Otherwise it has no reason to
change the reference.

--
mmusterd