Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with formula

I work for a small homeless charity in Kent, UK, and I am setting up a way
of recording our housing benefit payments made to us.

Basically, What I would like to do is have a formula in box T11 that
displays the following:

If the date in K11 is before or the same as todays date in O11 then the
figure in T11 should be the sum of N11 multiplied by H11.
If the date in K11 is blank or after todays date in O11 then the figure in
T11 should be the sum of R11 x H11.

At present I have the following formula in T11
=IF(K11<=O11,SUM(N11*H11),IF(K11O11,SUM(R11*H11)) ) however if cell K11 is
empty it does not calculate propery!

Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Regards

Gareth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One guess, try:
=IF(OR(K11="",O11=""),"",IF(K11<=O11,N11*H11,R11*H 11))
--
Max
Singapore
"Geestar" wrote:
I work for a small homeless charity in Kent, UK, and I am setting up a way
of recording our housing benefit payments made to us.

Basically, What I would like to do is have a formula in box T11 that
displays the following:

If the date in K11 is before or the same as todays date in O11 then the
figure in T11 should be the sum of N11 multiplied by H11.
If the date in K11 is blank or after todays date in O11 then the figure in
T11 should be the sum of R11 x H11.

At present I have the following formula in T11
=IF(K11<=O11,SUM(N11*H11),IF(K11O11,SUM(R11*H11)) ) however if cell K11 is
empty it does not calculate propery!

Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Regards

Gareth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

this doesnt seem to have worked either! I really need something in the
formula that counts cell K11 as todays date if it is left blank

"Mike H" wrote:

Try this

=IF(K11<=O11,N11*H11,R11*H11)

Mike

"Geestar" wrote:

I work for a small homeless charity in Kent, UK, and I am setting up a way
of recording our housing benefit payments made to us.

Basically, What I would like to do is have a formula in box T11 that
displays the following:

If the date in K11 is before or the same as todays date in O11 then the
figure in T11 should be the sum of N11 multiplied by H11.
If the date in K11 is blank or after todays date in O11 then the figure in
T11 should be the sum of R11 x H11.

At present I have the following formula in T11
=IF(K11<=O11,SUM(N11*H11),IF(K11O11,SUM(R11*H11)) ) however if cell K11 is
empty it does not calculate propery!

Some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Regards

Gareth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

"Geestar" wrote:
nearly there max! although it now shows a blank if K11 is blank! I need it
T11 to show the value of R11*H11 if K11 is blank!

Try this rendition in T11:
=IF(O11="","",IF(OR(K11="",K11O11),R11*H11,N11*H1 1))