Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Wildcard for dsum formula

Hi, I have a table with dsum formulas in each cell that recalculates every
time the user selects a different Cost Center from a drop down list. Is there
a wildcard char i can use to represent all cost centers so it can calculate
all values for all cost centers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

="=*"

Or if the cost centers looks like

Cost Center1
Cost Center2

etc

="=Cost Center*"

Peo Sjoblom

"jeq214" wrote in message
Hi, I have a table with dsum formulas in each cell that recalculates every
time the user selects a different Cost Center from a drop down list. Is
there
a wildcard char i can use to represent all cost centers so it can
calculate
all values for all cost centers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, the problem is, I have a range of cells for the criteria:
Cost Center | Date | Fee Type

So is there a way to show all cost centers, but have a specific date and fee
type?
Thank you for your response.
Jon

"jeq214" wrote:

Hi, I have a table with dsum formulas in each cell that recalculates every
time the user selects a different Cost Center from a drop down list. Is there
a wildcard char i can use to represent all cost centers so it can calculate
all values for all cost centers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Sure. Leave the cost center criteria blank. Or, don't include the cost
center field in the criteria at all. Either way will work.

"jeq214" wrote:

Hi, I have a table with dsum formulas in each cell that recalculates every
time the user selects a different Cost Center from a drop down list. Is there
a wildcard char i can use to represent all cost centers so it can calculate
all values for all cost centers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It didn't work. Is it because I have multiple criteria? I reference the
criteria to a range of cells which have Cost Center, Date and Fee Type. I
need specific dates and fee types, but would like all cost centers.

Thanks for your help

Jon

="=*"

"jeq214" wrote in message
Hi, I have a table with dsum formulas in each cell that recalculates every
time the user selects a different Cost Center from a drop down list. Is
there
a wildcard char i can use to represent all cost centers so it can
calculate
all values for all cost centers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How did you get that to work? This is what I did:

Ex. of one formula in the table:
=DSUM(DB,7,Reference!K14:M15)

Reference!K14:M15
fee_Cost_Center fee_Date_Accepted fee_Fee_Type
=ThisCC Jan-07 OD

When i select ="=*" from the drop down, this is what the fee_Cost_Center
looks like:
fee_Cost_Center fee_Date_Accepted fee_Fee_Type
=* Jan-07 OD

but the values still come out $0
Am I missing something?

Jon

"jeq214" wrote in message
It didn't work. Is it because I have multiple criteria? I reference the
criteria to a range of cells which have Cost Center, Date and Fee Type. I
need specific dates and fee types, but would like all cost centers.

Thanks for your help

Jon

="=*"