Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Running Total per group of items

This will be a very big help. I want a running total of per group of item.
The running total will reset to zero until a new group of an item appears
next. This is just like RT function in crystal report. Please help.
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 21, 12:07 pm, Brightgirl168
wrote:
This will be a very big help. I want a running total of per group of item.
The running total will reset to zero until a new group of an item appears
next. This is just like RT function in crystal report. Please help.
--
Thanks!

Look in the menu Data:Subtotals. Does that do what you want?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Actually we are in manufacturing company. We determining the lacking
parts/items per customer order. In different orders, there are common
lacking parts/items. I sort it and group it and use Subtotal but there is no
running total per group of item. I don't only need a Subtotal but also need
to output a running total per line for each group of item and reset running
total per group of item. Please advise.

--
Thanks!

wrote:
This will be a very big help. I want a running total of per group of item.
The running total will reset to zero until a new group of an item appears
next. This is just like RT function in crystal report. Please help.
--
Thanks!

Look in the menu Data:Subtotals. Does that do what you want?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:
This will be a very big help. I want a running total of per group of item.
The running total will reset to zero until a new group of an item appears
next. This is just like RT function in crystal report. Please help.
--
Thanks!

Look in the menu Data:Subtotals. Does that do what you want?

I think you'll need to give some more specific info. I can't quite
picture what your worksheet looks like.

If your data is in a database format, it should be easy to use SUMIF
to get what you want. If your item names are in column F, and your
dollars in column G, then this should work:
=SUMIF(F4:G100,"ProductX",G4:G100)