Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need help creating a formula that will auto post amts when marked.

I am trying to create a spreadsheet with lists that have different values. I
want to mark a row with an X which will reduce the total of that column
automatically. This spreadsheet is basically an audit sheet. It is being
designed as an audit sheet for employee evaluations.

Example:
___ Red (worth 4 pts)
_X_ Blue (worth 3 pts)
___ Green (worth 2 pts)
_6_ Total out of 9

Any ideas? I tried the IF, Lookup, Count functions with no avail.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

In a column to the right of your list, add the corresponding score #. Then
in a cell below the area where the "X"s go, enter this formula:
=SUMIF(A1:A3,"<X",C1:C3). The formula looks for cells that don't contain
an "X" in cells A1-A3 and adds up the values in cells C1-C3.

To make your sheet nice and pretty, after you get the formula to work simply
hide the column to the right with the #s in it.

Hope this helps!