Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF (Excel 97)

=SUMIF(C8:C334,H8:H334<"",C8:C334)

I'm trying to sum the Range C8:C334 if the cells in the range H8:H334 have
something in them, which could be anything.

The above formula produces a blank result.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It should look like

=SUMIF(H8:H334,"<""",C8:C334)

Make sure you add the quotes around the <""

"Phendrena" wrote:

=SUMIF(C8:C334,H8:H334<"",C8:C334)

I'm trying to sum the Range C8:C334 if the cells in the range H8:H334 have
something in them, which could be anything.

The above formula produces a blank result.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cheers,

That appears to add up ALL the cells in C8:C334 even if the cells in the
range H8:H334 are blank. I need it to just add them if there is something in
that range.

any thoughts?

Thanks,