Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formatting of duplicates in a range

I went already through a lot of the threats in this discussion group but
could not find an answer to my problem.

I use Excel2007. Within a range of 4 columns and several rows I need to
identify the nbrs that appear duplicated in the different columns. Each #
will be unique in each column, but may appear up to 4x in the range like in
the given example.

A B C D
1) 31 34 34 22
2) 34 31 22 34
3) 27 42 42 6
4) 48 22 9 42
5) 12 48 31 1
6) 42 5 5 9

Furthermore the highlights of the duplicates shall be in different
background colors like:
red = 4x (f.e. #34)
yellow = 3x (#22 & #31)
green = 2x (#5 & #9)
blank = 1x

Any help is appreciated.

Tks
Gerhard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Home tab Conditional Formatting New Rule use formula to determine which
cells to format

=COUNTIF($A$1:$D$6,A1)=4
format as red

=COUNTIF($A$1:$D$6,A1)=3