-   -   VLOOKUP returns #REF! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/183673-vlookup-returns-ref.html)

soconfused

VLOOKUP returns #REF!

I am trying to do a vlookup where my initial list is in the middle of a
spread sheet. I took that list an opened another sheet and made the list the
first column of that spread sheet, but I can't get it to work.
--
DMM

AdamV

VLOOKUP returns #REF!

sounds like the reference to the range is incorrect - can you post the actual
VLOOKUP formula you are using?

"soconfused" wrote:

I am trying to do a vlookup where my initial list is in the middle of a
spread sheet. I took that list an opened another sheet and made the list the
first column of that spread sheet, but I can't get it to work.
--
DMM

soconfused

VLOOKUP returns #REF!

VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A2:A34,[0308_WIP_Pump_Load_MonthMEC.xls]PumpSch!$Q$5:$U$26,17,TRUE)
--
DMM

"soconfused" wrote:

I am trying to do a vlookup where my initial list is in the middle of a
spread sheet. I took that list an opened another sheet and made the list the
first column of that spread sheet, but I can't get it to work.
--
DMM

Bernard Liengme[_2_]

VLOOKUP returns #REF!

You can only lookup one item at a time
VLOOKUP(this_value, in _this_table< return_this_column_itme, true/false for
exact)
'
And the second file in your lookup must be opne
best wishes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"soconfused" wrote:

I am trying to do a vlookup where my initial list is in the middle of a
spread sheet. I took that list an opened another sheet and made the list the
first column of that spread sheet, but I can't get it to work.
--
DMM

Tyro[_2_]

VLOOKUP returns #REF!

And there are not 17 columns in the range $Q$5:$U$26; there are only 5

Tyro