Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vlookup and offset

Hi there!So...
I have a Table_array list on one Sheet1. Group names in column G and
corresponding cities in H.

On Sheet2 I have to use a drop down list with the group names (col B) and -
ideally - should return the corresponding city in the next column (C) from
the reference list.

But I'm having trouble with making the whole thing dynamic...
Every time I add a new group with a city name I have to re-do my validations
in col B and vlookups in col C for Sheet2.

Can you give me a solution which makes the original list dynamic? And how to
add this dynamic range into a vlookup?

At the moment on Sheet2 I use (for example in C119)
=VLOOKUP(B119,Lists!$G$1:$H$15,2,FALSE)
But this only works until I don't have a new entry in row 16 on Lists sheet...

What I'd like to achieve is being able to add to my group names and cities
without needing to change the validation for col B and vlookup reference for
column C...

Anyone? I'm sure there is a short and sweet solution for this, but I'm a
beginner...

Thanks