rick s

Default Excel MS Office 2003

I help a school install new equipment when they get it. Yesterday I went in
and installed a new computer that has MS Office 2003 installed on it. The old
PC had MS Works installed on the PC. I had no problem opening the Word
documents they worked fine I am unable to open any of the spread sheets that
were created by works using Excel. Is there some kind of conversion program I
can run to convert the spread sheets?

Thanks
Rick
Chip Pearson

Excel won't open Works files. You might be able to convert them
using Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"rick s" wrote in message
I help a school install new equipment when they get it.
Yesterday I went in
and installed a new computer that has MS Office 2003 installed
on it. The old
PC had MS Works installed on the PC. I had no problem opening
the Word
documents they worked fine I am unable to open any of the
spread sheets that
were created by works using Excel. Is there some kind of
conversion program I
can run to convert the spread sheets?

Thanks
Rick

rick s

I read somewhere on the internet that you can save the spread sheet under
works as a excel ss file and then open it under Microsoft office excel. Will
that work?

Thanks
Rick