Tracy B

Default write a formula

I have a formula that is adding variuos cell values from different pages. It
then goes and subtract this value from another value on another page. it is
written like this: =SUM(DCAC!B4,'787 '!B4,'FI Hub'!B4,M2A!B4)-Master!B3

What I need to find out is how to include the formula so that if the
returned value is negative it displays this way or positive. I believe it
would be the SIGN function? I am not sure and I can not figure out how to
include it in my formula.
Thanks
Biff

Hi!

If the value is negative it will automatically be returned
as negative:

-100

If you want the returned value to always be positive just
put your formula inside an ABS (absolute value) function:

=ABS(SUM(DCAC!B4,'787 '!B4,'FI Hub'!B4,M2A!B4)-Master!B3)

Biff

I have a formula that is adding variuos cell values from

different pages. It
then goes and subtract this value from another value on

another page. it is
written like this: =SUM(DCAC!B4,'787 '!B4,'FI Hub'!B4,M2A!

B4)-Master!B3

What I need to find out is how to include the formula so

that if the
returned value is negative it displays this way or

positive. I believe it
would be the SIGN function? I am not sure and I can not

figure out how to
include it in my formula.
Thanks
.

Tracy B

Hi and Thanks,
I do not want it to always be a positive i.e. the values in each of the B4
cells are 4,4,25 and 10 = 43 then minus againt the value in B3 120 = 77 I
need this (77) to display as a positive. If the values of each B4 cells added
to more than 120 the value in B3 then I need it to display a negitive. I
know it is the way that I wrote the formula.

"Biff" wrote:

[...]

Biff

Hi!

Is the value in B3, 120, a constant?

If so, just reverse the order in your formula:

=Master!B3-SUM(DCAC!B4,'787 '!B4,'FI Hub'!B4,M2A!B4)

OR

=120-SUM(DCAC!B4,'787 '!B4,'FI Hub'!B4,M2A!B4)

Biff