Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Which formula to use

Hi

Aprreciate someone can help me.

I got this 2 worksheet, SPF and ABC. ABC is the master table.

For example: SPF, 1234 and some other inforamtion in the columns. ABC
(Master table & some other information in the columns) is 1234A (with a
alphabet). How to return the result 1234A to SPF worksheet.

I try using vlookup, match and the result is #N/A. I need to find the 1234A.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Maybe something like this ..

In ABC, col A contains "1234A" somewhere

In SPF,
A1 contains the lookup value: 1234
Put in B1, array-enter, ie press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula:
=IF(A1="","",INDEX(ABC!A1:A10,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER( SEARCH(A1,ABC!A1:A10)),0)))
Adapt the range to suit
--
Max
Singapore
"yellow" wrote:
Hi

Aprreciate someone can help me.

I got this 2 worksheet, SPF and ABC. ABC is the master table.

For example: SPF, 1234 and some other inforamtion in the columns. ABC
(Master table & some other information in the columns) is 1234A (with a
alphabet). How to return the result 1234A to SPF worksheet.

I try using vlookup, match and the result is #N/A. I need to find the 1234A.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Pl don't. Keep discussions online,
which benefits all (including you), rather than just one

You can upload your sample* using a free filehost
and post a **link** to it here
*desensitized as appropriate

Eg, you could use this free filehost:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/

Copy the "direct link" which is generated after you upload your sample,
then paste the link into your reply here