Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Insert text from another workbook based on criteria

Hi there! I would like to find out how I can insert text from another
workbook. I would like to insert the "Date of Birth" and "Client Status"
from another workbook into my Current Workbook. The only difference in the
data between my current workbook and another workbook is the "Paid" amounts
and date of each payment/number of payments per client.

Current Workbook

Client ID Number Client Name Date of Birth Client Status
Paid
88888888 Smith, Jane
100.05
99999999 Smith, John
75.00

Another Workbook

Client ID Number Client Name Date of Birth Client Status
Paid
88888888 Smith, Jane October 9, 1952 Open
35.00
99999999 Smith, John August 1, 1970 Open
80 .00

Could someone help me? Your response would be so helpful, Thank you. :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use a vlookup.

VLOOKUP(C2,C13:C15,2,False)

and then use 3 instead of 2 for the client status.

"Tacrier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for your reply, however I get an error when i use the VLOOKUP.

I should reword my question. I have now put all of the reference data I
need into my current worksheet so that it now looks like this:

REFERENCE DATA
Column A5:A983 contains Client ID Numbers
Column B5:B983 contains Client Names
Column C5:C983 contains Date of Birth
Column D5:D983 contains Client Status
Column E5:E983 contains payment amounts
Coumn F5:F983 contains payment date

CURRENT DATA
Column A986:A7209 contains Client ID Numbers
Column B986:B7209 contains Client Names
Column C986:C7209 contains BLANK Date of Birth
Column D986:D7209 contains BLANK Client Status
Column E986:E7209 contains payment amounts
Coumn F986:F7209 contains payment date

The current data contains more rows of client information than the reference
data as the current data is for the current month of payments and the
reference data i have taken from a previous month of payments.

I am looking for a faster way of searching for the client name in B5:B983
and copy/pasting their date of birth and status data into B986:B7209. ie.
John Smith's birth date and status beside every cell that contain's John
Smith's name in B986:B7209.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,
Trina